Associate, Advisor Services - Transfers In
At Trust Company of America, we develop software and provide service to Registered Investment Advisors, giving them everything they need to reach their full potential. We are a challenger, going up against the big guys with a faster, simpler way to succeed. Innovation and technology are a key part of our game plan. We stand up for the RIA, fighting for them, because when they win, we win.
But here’s the thing: We want to do exactly the same thing for each and every one of our team members. Because when you’re happy, successful and thriving, so is TCA.
- We are committed to creating a collaborative culture, where doors are always open and ideas always shared. We’re here to give you:
- Support from colleagues and leadership teams
- Open lines of communication
- Insight and education
- Opportunities to achieve and advance Our team members receive a comprehensive package of benefits. Some of the highlights include:
- Paid vacation
- Nine paid holidays and six PTO days annually
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- On-site fitness center, nutrition counseling, personal training and quarterly massage options
- Concierge service
- A fun, hard-working atmosphere! (Softball & bowling teams, Company sponsored happy hours etc.)
- Casual dress
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with competitive match that includes 100% immediate vesting
- Section 125 plan
- Education assistance programs
The Associate, Advisor Services - Transfers In is responsible for participating on a team that supports our clients. They will help our clients grow by completing daily workloads in an accurate and timely manner. The Associate will demonstrate the ability to support one of the following functions: New Accounts, Income Processing, Transfers-In, Transfers-Out, Statements and Mutual Fund Trading. Other responsibilities may arise as part of our ever-evolving work environment, and also:
- Reviews transfer paperwork to determine accuracy, completeness and proper authorizations.
- Initiates transfer-in requests by mailing transfer paperwork or submitting via ACATS.
- Establishes and maintains transfer images.
- Facilitates accurate and timely processing of transfers by communicating with internal departments by requesting additional paperwork, asset review and set-up, omnibus accounts and other items.
- Produces documentation required for transfers-in, such as letters of acceptance and omnibus letters, as needed.
- Follows up with contra firms regarding transfer status until the transfer is complete.
- Processes all transfer requests for high-risk RIAs to ensure priority processing and accuracy.
- Maintains relationships with several external clients to expedite the processing of rejected transfer requests, via phone and email.
- Processes asset transfer-in kind requests, including sending reregistration request letters to asset sponsors and contra-firms, posting of confirmed asset reregistration’s, following up on unposted requests via direct communication with the asset sponsors or their websites.
- Monitors ACATS reports to ensure accurate and timely processing
- Processes ACATS research and rejection items, communicates with trading on defaulted registration mutual fund positions and provides omnibus information to contra-firms for rejected mutual fund registration items
- Processes exception item postings.
- Researches out of balance items
A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. One to two years’ experience in an office environment required. Financial industry knowledge preferred. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree will be considered in lieu of experience.
Typing of 40-45 wpm and 10-key skills preferred. Must be able to learn new computer applications quickly. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in English, both verbally and in written format. Must be able to design basic Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Must be able to perform math calculations and balance reconciliations. Must be able to research and conduct problem resolution.
Must have a keen sense of prioritization, organization and urgency. Must pay attention to details
Must be able to contribute to the success of the team as well as one’s self. Must maintain rapport with internal and external clients. Must be able to use information from different sources and synthesize the information to accomplish tasks.